Monday, January 30, 2023

Flashlights

I'm stoked. One of my good friends from church gave me a Streamlight stylus pro last Sunday.  He's a professional tech guy and this is the light that he carries.  

 

So far I'm impressed.  It's rated at 100 lumens, uses 2 AAA batteries, and is similar in size to my glasses case. It features monetary and constant on from the tailcap button which is very stiff so there's little chance of it turn on accidentally That always seemed to happen with my mini maglites leaving me with a dead light when I really needed it.  The included sheath won't fit my belts, but it's small enough that I don't notice it in my pocket.

 I've been carrying an OLight 1R2 that came as a freebie with one of my tac light orders.  I've been very impressed by it's durability. My pocket is where most lights go to die. I've carried this one daily for 16 months and it's still working.  It's been dropped countless times, attached to my key ring and generally abused in it's daily life.  It's rechargeable which is handy.  It features low/high output modes rated at 6/150 lumen via twist on/off.


The other light that sees daily use is the Quantum shown above.  It was a stocking-stuffer from 2021. It's rated at 588 lumen and features zoom via the focus bezel and on/off/strobe from the tailcap switch. I use this when walking the dog and have found that it's very forgiving of low batteries.  It just keeps going; just dimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment