Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Ditch Lights and Antennas

 I decided to spend my Christmas money on electronics this year.  I managed to find a Radioddity DB25 and a Cobra 19 on sale.  After looking at various antenna mounting options I figured that using a ditch light, no drill bracket would be the easiest route.  Of course scope creep quickly set in and I figured I might as well add the light too.  Antenna extension brackets were not really cheap but I'm a pack rat so  figured I had something that would work in scrap pile.  Turns out that I had these two nicely angled brackets left over from my tractor mounted snowblower. Here's the outside view.  I'll post the radios once I have them mounted. The electronics are routed through a rubber grommet in the engine compartment. 



 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment