Monday, December 12, 2022

Pipe Burner Adjustments

 The cross pipe burners used by the church we hand made quite some time ago.  The guys the made them went through a lot of trial and error changing flame holes, orifices and venturi sizing.  Luckily one of them owned a hardware store.

I copied one to use as a base line then made some adjustments for my regulator setup. Since I have to make some adjustments to get it hotter, I figured I'd go ahead and get a real venturi.

I ended up enlarging some of the air holes to get rid of the yellow in the flames.  Notice the yellow sealing tap. It's specific for gas.

If you search for propane venturis you'll find Tejas Smokers are the top of the list. These guys make customer burners and have parts. Their customer support is great but they are a bit pricey for budget.

If you change your search to "air mixer" you get links to restaurant supply sites (and here) and specialty grilling sites


I eventually found the same thing on Amazon and used points to buy it. This one says it's slip on, but has threads.  We'll see how it works.





No comments:

Post a Comment