Friday, December 16, 2022

CPAP Cleaner

Right as the global gak started I started using a CPAP machine.  I won't bore you with the details of getting used to sleeping with a mask or the challenges of doing so with a beard. I WILL show you the cleaning device I created.  Both the doctor and the pulmonary technician said to not bother with the ultraviolet/ozone cleaners that were on the market as none of them are tested by the FDA.  So being the laziest person I know, I made my own.






Parts

  • Bucket - free from the grocery bakery/deli
  • Spout - Bulkhead style
  • PVC hose - Food grade size to the spout.
  • Hose clamps
  • Pump
  • Coupling - sized to the pump and hosing.
  • Rubber Stopper - drilled
  • Brewer's Hose Clip

Tools
  • Drill
  • Hole saw drill bits
  • Pliers/Screw Driver

I had all of this stuff stashed in my beer brewing box-o-stuff. The pump is the most expensive part here at ~$30.  All the parts can be bought off Amazon or one of the home brewing supply shops.  I drilled the appropriate sized hole in the bucket and mounted the spout.  The hose is the attached to the spout and the couplings/hose clamps are used to connect it to the pump.  The output of the pump gets a coupling with the rubber stopper that is sized to fit into the CPAP hose.  It's then wrapped around the bucket and the brewer's hose clip holds it in place inside the bucket.  The various CPAP parts a placed in the bucket. Vinegar and water are added to cover the parts.  The pump circulates the vinegar mixture.

As long as you are very habitual about cleaning there's no scrubbing needed. All the gear packets back into the bucket for storage.





No comments:

Post a Comment