Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Black Aces Tactical Pro-M Semi Auto

The BAT Pro-M went on sale for $199 a couple weeks back and one magically ended up in my FFL dealer. I've been intrigued with the idea of mag feed shotguns for a while. I have an old Mossberg 200d that is also magazine fed.  IF it was 20 gauge it would make an awesome dove gun.  As it is, it's just a good dove gun. I agree with my grandfather who said that shooting dove with anything larger than 16 gauge was cheating. 

The Pro-M ships with a 5 round mag.  I figured it would make a good turkey gun with a a 2 round mag. After a little too long on the interwebs I ended up ordering an SGM 2 round, a Promag 5 round and 2 SGM 25 round drums. I also joined the BAT Owners group on FarceBook where I started seeing posts about mag compatibility.

Left to right: SGM, Promag, BAT. The SGM and Promag were difficult to insert and have grooves at the front of the mag notch.


 

The SGM also shows a wear point at the rear of the mag. and at the mag release notch. I used a round file, pocket knife and emery board to relieve these spots and not the mags insert easily.

 Here's the SGM notch compared to the BAT mag's notch


 

The metal clip on the rear on the Promag interfered with bolt travel so I removed it. Interestingly, the SGM 25 round drums inserted easily.

Now I just need to get some range time to break everything in and test some loads.


No comments:

Post a Comment