Monday, December 8, 2014

Can you hear me now? - There was no endpoint listening errors during migration



I recently attempted to migrate an admin account mailbox from the cloud back to our on premise Exchange environment.  It failed with the error below. 

There was no endpoint listening at <my target domain> that could accept the message.
 This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

The process is very straight forward and was fully documented as part of my roll back plan and was tested this successfully during the initial migration to Office 365. I tried several times using both available databases with no success. 

We recently rebranded the company and ended up replacing all of our SSL certificates with new wildcard certificates supporting both the old domain and our new domain. The new Exchange certificates were configured for IIS,SMTP and TLS.  However, due to the limited time frame for the change I neglected to remove the old certificate and simply let it expire in place.  

Once I removed the invalid certificate I was able to complete the migration to an on premise database.

No comments:

Post a Comment