Thursday, July 24, 2014

We use DirSync to synchronize our AD to MSOL. Today I found the following errors. 



Looking at the DirSync console I found many stopped-extension-dll errors. I also found corresponding errors in the event log.




A quick search online suggested that this is most often caused by the service account password expiring.  I was sure this was not the case as I went through this previously during the initial setup and mailbox migrations.  I was also able to log into the server using RDP with the service account.  I checked it anyway. The password was already set to never expire.

I found the C drive was full. After checking in with the system admin that manages our monitoring to see why I did not receive a disk space alert, I started digging to see what was eating all of my drive space.  I found that the DirSync tracing logs were the culprit.  I don't think I'd ever need more than 14 days of logs. I setup a scheduled task to delete them, leaving 14 days worth using forfiles.exe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment